Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pumpkins pumpkins everywhere...

Yup, can you guess that I love pumpkins?  Not just decorating with them but eating (and drinking)them as well. 

Here is a fantastic drink that I came up with today:
Pumpkin Latte (reminiscent of Starbucks)

1/4 cup (or more) pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling
4 cups milk (I use 1% milk)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp instant coffee
2 cups hot water
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, stirring to combine.  Bring to a boil. Take off heat. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, mini marshmallows or marshmallow cream.


Last night I made cheese and spinach tortellini for dinner.  It doesn't come with a sauce so I decided to get really creative. I am tired of the same old tomato based pasta sauce, so I decided to come up with something different.  The sauce I came up with could easily be made into a soup as well.

Pumpkin and Herb Pasta Sauce

2 cups milk (I use 1% milk)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 of a large onion, diced small
1/8 cup grated parmesan/romano cheese blend
1 tbsp chicken bouillion
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 cup water
1/4 frozen chopped spinach
1 tbs chopped hatch green chili

Mix all ingredients together till blended. Bring to a boil.  Serve as a soup or serve over pasta.

I will be posting the recipe for that fantastic apple pie that I made, yes, it turned out fantastic...no leftovers!


No comments:

Post a Comment