Skip to main content

Featured

Moments ago I posted about strokes that could worsen or become deadly due to the cooler weather on the horizon... Many of you do not know that I am now a distributor of CBD oil.  The information below is taken from a site on the internet.  I am not posting these things because I am trying to make a sale, tho that is always a plus...CBD oil is the wave of the future and the future starts now.  Literally everyone in my family uses this product because it helps with so many different health issues.   It is being used to treat cancer, diabetes, parkinsons disease, pain (chronic and otherwise), the list is literally endless...The main thing that has hit the news is that there is a huge awareness of opiate drug abuse in this country.  CBD oil is helping to do away with that problem...I can attest to that and give my own testimonial...I was put on opiate drugs at the young age of 12.  I even took myself off them once, and did pretty well till other health issues crept up...and I was

Pumpkins pumpkins everywhere...

Yup, can you guess that I love pumpkins?  Not just decorating with them but eating (and drinking)them as well. 

Here is a fantastic drink that I came up with today:
Pumpkin Latte (reminiscent of Starbucks)

1/4 cup (or more) pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling
4 cups milk (I use 1% milk)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp instant coffee
2 cups hot water
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, stirring to combine.  Bring to a boil. Take off heat. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, mini marshmallows or marshmallow cream.


Last night I made cheese and spinach tortellini for dinner.  It doesn't come with a sauce so I decided to get really creative. I am tired of the same old tomato based pasta sauce, so I decided to come up with something different.  The sauce I came up with could easily be made into a soup as well.

Pumpkin and Herb Pasta Sauce

2 cups milk (I use 1% milk)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 of a large onion, diced small
1/8 cup grated parmesan/romano cheese blend
1 tbsp chicken bouillion
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 cup water
1/4 frozen chopped spinach
1 tbs chopped hatch green chili

Mix all ingredients together till blended. Bring to a boil.  Serve as a soup or serve over pasta.

I will be posting the recipe for that fantastic apple pie that I made, yes, it turned out fantastic...no leftovers!


Comments

Popular Posts