Skip to main content

Featured

Moments ago I posted about strokes that could worsen or become deadly due to the cooler weather on the horizon... Many of you do not know that I am now a distributor of CBD oil.  The information below is taken from a site on the internet.  I am not posting these things because I am trying to make a sale, tho that is always a plus...CBD oil is the wave of the future and the future starts now.  Literally everyone in my family uses this product because it helps with so many different health issues.   It is being used to treat cancer, diabetes, parkinsons disease, pain (chronic and otherwise), the list is literally endless...The main thing that has hit the news is that there is a huge awareness of opiate drug abuse in this country.  CBD oil is helping to do away with that problem...I can attest to that and give my own testimonial...I was put on opiate drugs at the young age of 12.  I even took myself off them once, and did pretty well till other health issues crept up...and I was

double duty post

I made a fantastic dish last night that is now a family favourite.  It is simple, fast, easy to make, and tastes fantastic.  I made coconut crusted chicken strips (with a side of calfornia style teriyaki sauced veggies). 

I was given a jar of Tropical Traditions  Gold Label Standard Virgin coconut oil, and let me tell you, this is the best to fry with, and they even have a cookbook with fantastic recipes in it (where I got the idea for this chicken strips recipe).  The jar I received was 32 oz, pretty impressive compared to other "unusual" oils, such as safflower and such.  When you first open this jar, it smells wonderfully of fresh grated coconut, not the processed sweetened kind, but the kind right off the tree.  Smells so good I wanted to wear it as a cologne lol!  Of course I immediately tasted it and was amazed that it smelled so much like coconut but had very little flavour, it has a very clean neutral taste.  Which means you can use it to fry or cook anything without an overpowering coconut taste, but still with all the healthy benefits of using such a product.  You dont need to use a whole lot of this product to fry with, it doesnt seem to soak into your food the way other oils do. 

I took a large bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them all into strips, while doing that, I melted about a half a cup of this Tropical tradtions virgin coconut oil in a frying pan.  I crushed up two cups of crispy rice cereal, and mixed it with two cups of sweetened shredded coconut and about two tablespoons of Cajun Sensation spices from The Spice of Life, herbs and spices store (more on this product later), mixed this coating thoroughly and put it into a cake pan and set it aside.  I then took two large eggs and mixed them with about an 1/8th of a cup of milk and put that into another pan and set it aside.  All that was left was to actually prepare the strips...which was fast and easy, you dip both sides of each strip in the egg wash mixture first then thoroughly coat the strip in the coconut mixture and carefully put it into the hot coconut oil....let me tell you, it smells fantastic while cooking and did not even splatter as much as regular oils.

Continue this process, but dont overcrowd the pan, you dont want to take the temperature down too far.  Depending on how thick you cut your strips, you would let them cook about two minutes on the first side, flip and then another minute or two on the other side....thats it, that simple.  You can serve these alone, as I did, and they taste fantastic, or serve them with a dipping sauce, which would be equally great.

All I can say is that I would highly recommend Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil to anyone who is concerned about health issues, who wants to eat cleaner and healthier, who wants to add less over
processed fat to their diet.  Check out this and their other products on their website at: www.TropicalTraditions.com...or give them a call at 1-866-311-2626(coco).   You wont be sorry that you did!

Comments

Popular Posts