Skip to main content

Featured

Moments ago I posted about strokes that could worsen or become deadly due to the cooler weather on the horizon... Many of you do not know that I am now a distributor of CBD oil.  The information below is taken from a site on the internet.  I am not posting these things because I am trying to make a sale, tho that is always a plus...CBD oil is the wave of the future and the future starts now.  Literally everyone in my family uses this product because it helps with so many different health issues.   It is being used to treat cancer, diabetes, parkinsons disease, pain (chronic and otherwise), the list is literally endless...The main thing that has hit the news is that there is a huge awareness of opiate drug abuse in this country.  CBD oil is helping to do away with that problem...I can attest to that and give my own testimonial...I was put on opiate drugs at the young age of 12.  I even took myself off them once, and did pretty well till other health issues crept up...and I was
Sorry for not getting this out to you yesterday, but my knee had me in so much pain, I ended up going to bed much earlier than I had planned on doing.  But I am here bright and early and I will gladly post a few recipes today to make up for yesterday.  I created a recipe that is my version of "sloppy joes"...it was made in a slow cooker and tasted fantastic!  I will post that recipe as well.

Here goes, this is my updated/upgraded version of that Fall harvest/pumpkin soup from the other day.  This is even better than the recipe I posted before.

Fall Harvest Soup:

Salsa:
2 crisp apples (preferably Granny Smith or Red Delicious)
1/2 large onion, diced
3tbsp honey
1/2 c dried cranberries (or a mix of cranberries/blueberries/pineapple, etc.)
1tsp chili powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1tbsp brown sugar

Mix all together in a small bowl, cover and set aside.

Soup:
1pkg bacon, rendered, drained, crumbled. (or 1pkg of your favourite johnsonville brats, diced)
2tbsp olive oil (to coat bottom of pan)
2tbsp butter or margarine
1 bay leaf
2 ribs of celery with green tops, finely chopped( or 2 leeks)
1 1/2 lg onion, diced
2 green bell peppers, diced
salt and pepper to taste
3tbsp flour, to thicken. (can be omitted, depending on how thick/thin you want your soup)
2tsp poultry seasoning (or a mix of thyme/basil/finely chopped rosemary and sage)
2 cups potatoes, parboiled and diced
1tbsp sriracha sauce (or your favourite hot sauce to taste)
1tbsp ground cinnamon
1tsp allspice or mix of ground clove/nutmeg and ginger
6-8 cups chicken stock(I make enough prepared low sodium chicken bouillion for this step)
2 cups heavy cream, i have used lowfat evap milk for this step(this can be omitted and the soup will still be wonderful)
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder(or more to taste)
2tbsp honey
2tbsp brown sugar

Heat a stock pot over medium to medium high heat. Add the oil and melt the butter. Add the bay, celery/leeks, bell pepper and onion.
Season the veggies with salt and pepper. Cook 6 or 7 minutes, until tender. Add flour, herbs, spices and hot sauce, to taste. Then cook for another minute.  Whisk in stock and honey, bring to a boil. Whisk in pumpkin, by large spoonfuls.  Add the potatoes, at this point. Simmer soup for ten minutes to thicken a bit.  Add cream (evap milk) if you are including this ingredient.  Reduce heat to medium low. and let soup simmer for about a half hour, covered.  Serve topped with the apple cranberry salsa, bacon and sour cream.

Soup can be left chunky or can be pureed at this point in time.

Note:  I cooked the soup in a large crock pot, and let cook on high for 5-6 hours.  It seemed to give it an even better flavour!



Comments

Popular Posts