Skip to main content

Featured

Moments ago I posted about strokes that could worsen or become deadly due to the cooler weather on the horizon... Many of you do not know that I am now a distributor of CBD oil.  The information below is taken from a site on the internet.  I am not posting these things because I am trying to make a sale, tho that is always a plus...CBD oil is the wave of the future and the future starts now.  Literally everyone in my family uses this product because it helps with so many different health issues.   It is being used to treat cancer, diabetes, parkinsons disease, pain (chronic and otherwise), the list is literally endless...The main thing that has hit the news is that there is a huge awareness of opiate drug abuse in this country.  CBD oil is helping to do away with that problem...I can attest to that and give my own testimonial...I was put on opiate drugs at the young age of 12.  I even took myself off them once, and did pretty well till other health issues crept up...and I was

Junior's bday celebration meal recipes

Another year has come and gone, and my little boy is growing up right before my very eyes.  Seems like just yesterday, I held him in my arms for the first time, and now he is about to turn 12 years old, a perfect little gentleman who always makes me smile.

I couldn't be happier.  So, to show him how happy I am with him, I am treating him to his all time favourite dishes, and as I promised, I am going to share the recipes with you:

First off is the drink:

Green tea frappachinos

Make two trays of ice cubes made with your favourite flavour of green tea
1/3 can of sweetened condensed milk (preferably low fat)
1 cup regular milk (I used 1%)

Put into a blender one tray of the ice cubes, the condensed milk and regular milk and blend.  Add more milk if you like a thinner consistency or less if you like it thick. And you can add more condensed milk if you like it sweeter.

Next is the main course:

Pumpkin soup with apple cranberry salsa

Salsa:
2 crisp apples (any apples will do...depends on your preference)finely diced
1/2 large onion, finely diced
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup dried cranberry (or mix of any combination of dried fruits like pineapple, blueberries, etc)
1 tsp chili powder (or more based on your heat level)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp lemon juice

Mix all together in a small bowl and set aside.

Soup:
1 lb bacon, browned and crumbled
2 tbsp olive oil (to coat the bottom of a pan)
2 tbsp butter or margarine
1 bay leaf
2 ribs of celery with greens, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 green bell peppers, diced
salt and pepper
3 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tsp poultry seasoning or a mix of thyme/basil/finely chopped rosemary, etc.
2 cups parboiled potatoes, diced
1 tbsp sriracha sauce (or your favourite hot sauce to taste)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp allspice or mix ground clove/nutmeg and ginger
6 cups chicken stock (i make enough prepared low sodium chicken bouillion)
2-28oz cans of cooked pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
2 cups heavy cream (I use lowfat evap. milk)
1/2 tsp chili powder (more if you like it a little spicier)
2 tbsp honey

Directions:

Heat a large soup pot over medium to medium high heat. Add the oil and melt the butter. Add the bay, celery, bell pepper and onion. Season the veggies with salt and pepper. Cook 6 or 7 minutes, until tender. Add flour, herbs, spices and hot sauce, to taste, then cook for another minute.  Whisk in stock and honey, bring liquid to a boil. Whisk in pumpkin, by large spoonfuls. Add the potatoes at this point. Simmer soup for ten minutes to thicken a bit.  Add in cream (or milk). Reduce heat to medium or medium low, and let soup simmer for about a half hour (covered).  Serve topped with apple cranberry salsa, bacon and sour cream (if you wish).

Enjoy!

Recipe for the tiramisu will come later tonight!




Comments

Popular Posts