Skip to main content

Featured

Moments ago I posted about strokes that could worsen or become deadly due to the cooler weather on the horizon... Many of you do not know that I am now a distributor of CBD oil.  The information below is taken from a site on the internet.  I am not posting these things because I am trying to make a sale, tho that is always a plus...CBD oil is the wave of the future and the future starts now.  Literally everyone in my family uses this product because it helps with so many different health issues.   It is being used to treat cancer, diabetes, parkinsons disease, pain (chronic and otherwise), the list is literally endless...The main thing that has hit the news is that there is a huge awareness of opiate drug abuse in this country.  CBD oil is helping to do away with that problem...I can attest to that and give my own testimonial...I was put on opiate drugs at the young age of 12.  I even took myself off them once, and did pretty well till other health issues crept up...and I was
Good morning, everyone!!  Sorry I have been on hiatus the past few days, this week I have been majorly working out at physical therapy, and guess what? I GRADUATED!!!!  No more struggling, I made a huge improvement from when I started.  What an incredible group of people that are associated with Rio Rancho Physical Therapy.  God knows I have been thru a lot of physical therapy in my life, knees, back, ankles, etc...and in those days, in California, they believe in the old addage, "No pain, no gain" and "Do it till it hurts."  Those were the old days...that is not how Rio Rancho Physical Therapy works.  They are very professional, very down to earth, basic, well rounded, intensive and all encompassing.  The big thing is, you are never alone. 

Your first trip in, you fill out your typical paperwork, and then you meet your therapist.  I had the immense pleasure of being paired with Don Hoover, MSPT.  He is incredible.  I think he was a little surprised when he met me, when he saw that I had such a wide range of motion and that I was fairly strong going into this.  I am dedicated to getting back to where I should be.  I don't let a day go by that I stagnate, I am constantly walking, bending, stooping, lifting, etc., and I need to have that strenght and flexibility.  And with this back injury, that I have dealt with since I was 16, it hasn't been easy. When your back is damaged, the rest of your body suffers, and in my case, not only did I have the back issue, I had two damaged knees as well.  Even tho I have always been physically active, always worked out, I had to "favour" certain areas because of the pain...but I still forced myself to work out those areas.

Don helped me back on the road to where I should be, and he sees my dedication, and the fact that I refuse to give up.  He gave me so much positive reinforcement, kudos, and a lot of "hand holding" thru the whole work out regimen from start to finish. I worked out every part of my body, not just the back, but my shoulders, neck, hips, knees, ankles, etc.  If you strengthen all that, then your back benefits as well.  I feel a lot better since I started going to physical therapy, sure, there were a couple of days that I was so sore I could barely move, but if you keep working out, not just in the studio, but at home as well, you will reach your goals and you won't be so sore. Each day that I work out, I feel more secure, less pained, stronger, more flexible, and I feel my whole attitude improving.  I don't even think about my back half the time anymore, it used to be my focal point and I used to be afraid of doing certain things, that it may make my back hurt more, now, thanks to Don, I don't have that fear anymore.

Although I don't have to go to PT any more, I will continue my workouts at home and at the gym, I will get stronger and even more free and confident in my movement.  And this will also help me be that much farther ahead when I have to have my knees operated on again, or if I ever have to go for another back surgery...I will already be strong going in, and I will be that much stronger coming out!  I used to dread the thought of PT, but thanks to Don and the rest of the staff, that I had the pleasure of working with, I actually looked forward to PT. It no longer reminds me of the dungeon and torture chambers that I endured growing up in California.

I want to thank Don and the staff of Rio Rancho Physical Therapy for putting me on the right track, and the graduation shirt, I was given upon my completion, was a nice touch as well. 

I would highly recommend this group, and should you need physical therapy, and you have several choices available to you, let me help you make an educated decision, I highly recommend Rio Rancho Physical Therapy,  They are located at 4516 Arrowhead Ridge Drive SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124 and their phone number is 505 896-4978.

Comments

Popular Posts