Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sushi...it isn't just bait anymore! Tokyo Japanese Food and Sushi

When I first moved to Southern California, a few years back, my boyfriend absolutely refused to eat sushi, claiming it was nothing more than bait to use for fishing.  Well, the times they are a changin'! I turned him on to this great little place in a tiny strip mall in El Cajon.  They  have a huge variety of sushi to choose from, and it is all made fresh while you wait.  The prices are outstanding...you get large quantities of sushi for the price, and the price itself was very inexpensive.  This place prides itself on making every piece look as good as it tastes.  The restaurant is clean, the staff is friendly and  knowledgeable and the atmosphere is quiet and homey.  My boyfriend and I went there and I got him to try some of he different varieties of sushi.  I told him not all sushi is "raw fish" like so many people seem to think, so it ain't "bait".  He loves sushi now and is always anxious to try new types, and this shop made that possible!
Tokyo Japanese Food and Sushi
755 Arnele Avenue
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 593-7651

1 comment:

  1. My mouth started turning into a rubber Lucy curl from just thinking about the bait version. Nobody can talk me into eating bait. However, I would, likely, actually love sushi as long as it's the cooked kind. After all, I love seafood and sardines. Will have to learn more about sushi.

    ReplyDelete